Sunday, March 1, 2015

My hope, goal, and a thank you to all! (EDUC 6357)

One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice (any format and any length)
  • A brief note of thanks to your colleagues

  • One hope that I have when working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is being able to make a connection with them and gain their trust.  Sometimes, connecting with one child and his family is easier than connecting with another child and his family.  In addition, another hope that I have is to remain patient through this process.  Although, I have learned the skills needed, I now must put those skills into action and practice, practice, practice!

    One goal that I would like to set is that the early childhood field incorporate diversity, equity, and social justice into the daily curriculum and not just during certain thematic units.  This could possibly entail trainings, but I believe it would be worth it!

    I would like to say thanks to all my colleagues for supporting me along this journey, and providing me with such great feedback.  I wish you all the best!  We are almost finished (:

    Happy Learning!

    2 comments:

    1. Dear Kayla, we are almost there!!! Although our journey doing diversity and anti-bias work is just starting! As Julie Olsen Edwards stated, it is a life long journey, so we need all the patience you mentioned in your post to keep on going (Laureate Education, Inc., 2011). Although I am sure that one day it will come to us naturally and this will boost our drive. Thank you for sharing your goals.
      I would also like to thank you for all your support during this course. It has been a pleasure to meet you and as one of my goals for this week, I really hope to keep in touch and support one another during this wonderful journey :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sorry, I forgot to include the reference

      Reference
      Laureate Education, Inc. (Producer). (2011). Your commitment to anti-bias work [DVD]. Strategies for working with diverse children. Baltimore, MD: Author.

      ReplyDelete